<body>

it's not bout getting a dream job, its' bout you love your job!

Sunday, December 05, 2010 ♥ 12/05/2010 07:04:00 PM


Photobucket

It's been such a long time since I have blogged bout anything in my life. Oh well, for those who know me, I complain every other time. Ever since I place my feet in the working life, I am grumpy. Yes, I have lesser time for my social life.

Anyway, I can finally say that I love my new job! I don't feel the dread to work even til late at night. People always say that some things happen for a reason & I am convinced that it's true. Bad experience in previous workplace has given me the courage to try something new & take the challenge! The opportunity is given when I'm most stressed up last year & I can't take it anymore! The opportunity really comes knocking on my door when I receive that late night call at bout 10pm during month end closing, just days before my exam.

The interview journey is tough. I almost feel like calling the interviewer, telling him that I will not attend the interview anymore, simply because the lrt is late plus it's raining. I wear a new pair of heels & have been walking for bout an hour in the rain because passerby has directed me to the wrong direction. It seems like not everyone knows how to get to Rohas Perkasa building. My heart is telling myself that hardwork pays off & I need to attend the interview because it's so unprofessional to call off an interview at very last minute.

The interview goes well & the manager seems really nice and smart. The next day I tell my friends at work that I hope I get the job. Belinda is really sweet to help me ask her friends in the oil & gas industry bout the company I am bout to join. She asks me to go for it! Haha, I even ask people to pray for me. The whole process of waiting for confirmation takes bout 2 months but it's worth the wait.

There I am! At a new place, still working late at night. It seems like my auditor's life is back again but somehow everything's different. I feel happy to learn lots though I have to work late. I learn something new every single day. The complications in the geomarket (a group of countries) that I handle give me the chance to learn new things. The manager is willing to teach us & never screams at us. He really has the patience to guide us. In fact, he involves us in the process improvement programme that he has created. It's the first time I have experienced it plus the management actually listen to our voice. Ahh, it's so great!

Recently, I have a new team lead. At first, I'm skeptical bout it simply because she has the same name as my previous nightmare. I tell many people bout it & it so happens that Alice knows her. Alice convinces me that I should not judge the new team lead based on previous experience as her friend (my future team lead at that moment) is an angel! Boy, luckily everyone asks me to erase all the bad memories & keep an open mind. My team lead is such a darling! She's so smart! Well, when I say she's so smart, I really mean it! Totally different from the past experience where I ask question but I don't get the answer & I have to think the answer myself. New team lead is willing to teach plus she does it in a way that you truly understand the whole concept.

There, I'm proud to say that I'm starting to love my job! Hard-work & perseverance pay off! *winks* All you need is the right timing & lady luck is smiling at you from the corner. A note to everyone, yay! The management actually look into workload & do something bout it. Something new to me but I'm loving it!

Labels:

♥ kyliemc ♥

2 glass dollie(s)